Linda Reviews the World

Back by popular demand...

9.1.07

okra pickles


Mt. Olive Mild Okra Pickles

I first heard about okra pickles while watching Alton Brown on the Food Network. Now, I LOVE pickles. Any kind except sweet - dill, garlic, cornichons, half sours. Mmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmmmmm. I loves me some pickles!

But I was a bit hesitant about okra pickles. Don't get me wrong - a plate of fried okra or a nice okra gumbo is just the ticket. But pickles? Aren't okra a bit... well... slimy for pickles? But I heard Alton say it and I believed it: Okra pickles are NOT ONE BIT SLIMY.

So I tried them. And they were positively delicious! And now I'm hooked. And you will be too. Try 'em, you'll see!

...imagine a sparkly mushroom right here......imagine a sparkly mushroom right here......imagine a sparkly mushroom right here......imagine a sparkly mushroom right here......imagine a sparkly mushroom right here...

I rate Mt. Olive Mild Okra Pickles 5 sparkly mushrooms!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nature hath fury that frightens the strong,
Nature has beauty to empassion the song
Nature has treasures both high and deep
Nature has secrets, still some to keep.
But nature was joking to veggies all round
When up sprung the Okra from gardens ground,
No romance, no saga, nary a song
Okra is nonsense, Okra is wrong!
Okra, oh Okra, the armpits of green
Fry them, bake them,or slime them with steam -
Then try to chew them you'll see what I mean!
Now someone has figured there must be a way
To get the poor blighters off and away
Let's jar em like pickles, that can be done -
Someone will buy them, well maybe just one
Lets stock it down South, right next to the shore,
There strange folk down there, two or three more.
Maybe they'll take and invent some odd soup,
What else would you do with that stringy old goop!
Okra,Oh Okra, you look so good to eat,
Yet your essence is similar to nasty old feet,
Okra, Oh Okra, Like nasty green poop,
Never in Consume, chowder or soup!
They dice you and dump you, you vegetable liar,
In foul liguid slop that they call Jumble Lia!
Stay lidded in crocks or tight lidded jars
Stay far away, far away, just where you are!

09 January, 2007 21:56  
Blogger unHuman said...

OMG 5 sparkling mushrooms

sadly, I can't buy them here in germany :(

10 January, 2007 06:59  
Blogger Kimie said...

ewwww..gonnae vom

10 January, 2007 17:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home